Mobile-ID is a service that allows a client to use a mobile phone as a form of secure electronic ID.
Like the ID Card, it can be used for accessing secure e-services and digitally signing documents, but has the advantage of not requiring a card reader.
The system is based on a specialized Mobile-ID SIM card which the customer must request from the mobile phone operator.
Private keys are stored on the mobile SIM card along with a small application for authentication and signing.
Here’s how Mobile-ID would be used for logging into a secure site, for instance a bank account:
- The user clicks the “Log in with mobile ID” option on a supported website
- The phone beeps and displays a screen indicating that a connection is being made.
- The user is prompted to enter a mobile ID pin code into the phone.
- The screen on the phone disappears and the website is automatically reloaded with a logged in screen.
As smart phone technology becomes more widespread, having the Mobile-ID option will become increasingly handy, allowing the user to vote, for instance, via a phone’s web browser.
To learn more about the Mobile-ID, visit Mobile-ID webpage.
For detailed technical information on Mobile-ID follow the link.
Another component of the Estonian digital society completes the functions of Mobile-ID. Get to know more about DigiDoc here.
Get in touch now with the developers of Mobile-ID!
Mobile-ID is one of the Components that make up the digital society of Estonia. This e-solution is provided by the companies Telia and SK ID Solutions.
- Telia: find out more about all the services offered by the company on their official website. If you are interested in getting in touch with them, you are more than welcome to do it.
- SK ID Solutions: find out more about all the services offered by the company on their official website. If you are interested in getting in touch with them, you are more than welcome to do it.