To accommodate physical security requirements, the Estonian Government Cloud will be deployed in two locations, having one location outside of the capital. This will allow to manage data and information systems in a distributed manner. To support the Estonian “digital” independence and uninterrupted operation of public IT services in state of emergency there is a long-term plan to establish e-embassies outside Estonia in friendly foreign countries.
The Estonian Government, represented by the State Infocommunication Foundation (RIKS), and a consortium of private sector companies including Cybernetica, Dell EMC, Ericsson, OpenNode and Telia, have developed the Estonian Government Cloud.
All consortium partners are responsible for specific contributions:
- State Infocommunication Foundation (RIKS) – data centres and management of customer relations;
- Cybernetica – ISKE certification process;
- Dell EMC – hardware;
- Ericsson – project management, hardware and software;
- OpenNode – technical leadership and cloud orchestrator (self-service portal and service store);
- Telia – operations, cloud related products and services