Sustainability, tokens, and the well-being of nature and the world were some topics Carmen Raal and Erika Piirmets touched upon with their guest Merit Valdsalu, founder and CEO of Single.Earth. A company with a mission to transform how we approach consumption and how to integrate nature protection into the economy.
Single.Earth is a platform that tokenises nature for its ecological value – carbon sequestration, storage, and biodiversity. For the first time in history, nature is monetized for just being there, keeping ecosystems alive. Single.Earth recently launched the world’s first nature-backed currency called MERIT to save the world from climate change and biodiversity loss.
The podcast also covers topics like:
- How to put a price tag on vital ecosystem services;
- Persuading VC-s to invest in crazy ideas;
- The role of governments and individuals in fighting climate change;
- What makes Estonia a good breeding ground for startups;
- Who is responsible for solving these climate crises.