Taavi Tamkivi is the founder and CEO of a startup called Salv that aims to kill an industry valued at a trillion dollars a year. Salv is an anti-money laundering platform that helps financial institutions, banks, etc., to be compliant and catch fraudsters simultaneously. Taavi likes to say that he is no longer building a product but a community of crime-fighters. Almost like a Marvel universe.
In the most recent episode of the e-Estonia podcast “The Art of Digitalisation,” Tamkivi talks to the host Florian Marcus about:
- How 7 out of 10 fincrime cases are happening across the border;
- That only 1% of financial crimes get solved;
- What are Salv’s expansion plans, and why GDPR is a good thing;
- How Salv is growing a community of crime fighters;
- How the most heinous crimes in the world – trafficking, drugs, and war – all lead to money laundering;
- What was the most prominent case that Salv’s AML-bridge helped solve;
- How surprisingly, only 0,4% of all money laundering happens via cryptocurrencies;
- What are the latest trends in the Estonian and global fintech sector?
🎧︎ The episode is available on Apple Podcast and Spotify.