In this episode, Erika Piirmets and Carmen Raal explore how countries solve the issue of digital identity, how they can learn from each other and what’s the future of digital identity. Their guest is a former government Chief Legal Officer and CEO of Proud Engineers Laura Kask. She has been responsible for the legislative framework of the Estonian information society and created the legal architecture for the first data embassy in the world. Today she is helping other governments and large corporations solve complicated challenges and build a digital future at Proud Engineers.
- The use of eID in the Nordic-Baltic region and the main takeaways of the survey;
- Why aren’t there many cross-border services in the Nordic-Baltic region;
- Government-issued vs private digital identities and which system gets more hacked;
- The issues of vendor lock-in;
- Why do we need trust services overall;
- What’s behind Estonians’ trust towards our eID;
- 2017 security vulnerability crisis on Estonian ID card chips;
- The future hold for digital identity;
- How did India manage to provide digital identity for 1 billion people;
- United Nations and World Bank’s initiative to provide legal electronic identity to everyone on the planet by 2030.