With experts from The Health and Welfare Information Systems Centre (TEHIK) – Katre Pruul, manager of cross-border data exchange and Tõnis Jaagus, head of the health division, our podcast hosts explore the benefits of patient portals and their impact on healthcare, discussing how these digital tools empower patients and revolutionise how they engage with healthcare providers. They also take a closer look at the future of e-health and how digital health portals are paving the way for a more patient-centric approach to healthcare.
- the initial idea behind launching the e-health portal back in 2008;
- the perks of the opt-out policy compared to the opt-in policy;
- how Estonia makes sure that only the right people have access to the data;
- the new features of the patient portal;
- new standards in cross-border data sharing;
- how the patient can have control over their health data cross-borderly;
- the cure for complaining doctors and patients.