The government is lagging behind the private sector in its use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). In the latest podcast episode, we discuss the reasons behind it and the challenges and opportunities for the public sector with the leading AI expert and researcher, Colin van Noordt. Colin works as a programme director for AI at the digital transformation consultancy Digital Nation and is a PhD Researcher at the Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance at Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) in Estonia. He has been advising the European Commission, as well as other European governments, on what factors contribute to the introduction and application of artificial intelligence in public authorities.
- What’s the value of AI in public services – is it a forgotten element or an opportunity;
- What countries are best at leveraging AI in government;
- The new standards of data collection;
- Biased view on using open data;
- Different AI use cases around the world;
- Supporting civil servants in using AI;