In 2014, Estonia was the first country in the world that launched its e-Residency program to fulfill its ambition of creating a borderless digital society for global citizens.
The program provides holders of e-Residency with a transnational digital identity. This identity allows them access to a platform built on inclusion, legitimacy, and transparency. E-residents also have access to the European Union business environment and can use Estonian public e-services.
People from across the globe choose to become e-residents so that they can start and run a trustworthy, location-independent EU company online with all the tools needed to conduct business worldwide, entirely online.
What can you do with e-Residency?
- Set up and manage a location-independent company online from anywhere in the world
- Establish a trusted EU company online in one day
- Manage the resulting company fully online
- Apply for a business bank account and conduct secure e-banking
- Access international payment service providers (Paypal, Braintree, etc.)
- Digitally sign and transmit documents
- Declare Estonian taxes online