In 2014, Estonia was the first country in the world that launched its e-Residency program to fulfill its ambition of creating a borderless digital society for global citizens.
The program provides holders of e-Residency with a transnational digital identity. This identity allows them access to a platform built on inclusion, legitimacy, and transparency. E-residents also have access to the European Union business environment and can use Estonian public e-services.
People from across the globe choose to become e-residents so that they can start and run a trustworthy, location-independent EU company online with all the tools needed to conduct business worldwide, entirely online.
What can you do with e-Residency?
- Set up and manage a location-independent company online from anywhere in the world
- Establish a trusted EU company online in one day
- Manage the resulting company fully online
- Apply for a business bank account and conduct secure e-banking
- Access international payment service providers (Paypal, Braintree, etc.)
- Digitally sign and transmit documents
- Declare Estonian taxes online
Why open a company in Estonia?
- Join one of the most advanced digital societies
- Membership of the EU, NATO, OECD, and eurozone provides advantages and stability
- Low startup and maintenance costs
- Growth is incentivized with 0% corporate tax on reinvested profits
- Minimal bureaucracy and a clear tax framework
- Minimal corruption in a transparent business environment
- Trade in euros to mitigate the risk of currency fluctuations
E-residents receive a digital ID-card with two PIN numbers for secure digital authentication and digital signatures. Secure digital signatures are legally equivalent to a handwritten signature and face-to-face identification in Estonia, as well as between partners upon agreement anywhere around the world.
e-Residency is Estonia’s gift to the world – the opportunity for anyone, anywhere to succeed as an entrepreneur.
To learn more, visit the e-Residency webpage.
Other solutions & services
Smart city and mobility
Visit us physically or virtually
We host impactful events both in our centre and online for government institutions, companies, and media. You’ll get an overview of e-Estonia’s best practices and build links to leading IT-service providers and state experts to support your digitalisation plans.
Questions? Have a chat with us.
Call us: +372 6273157
The Briefing Centre is conveniently located just 2 minutes drive from the airport and 7 minutes drive from the city centre.
You will find us on a ground floor of Valukoja 8, central entrance behind the statue of Mr Ernst Julius Öpik. Photo of the central entrance.
11415 Tallinn, Estonia